Welcome to Yoga Pilates & More, south Winnipeg’s leading fitness and wellness studio. At YPM we know the power of movement will transform you physically, mentally and emotionally. YPM offers a variety of group classes and wellness services that compliment each other to form a holistic fitness and wellness program.
New to the Studio?
Think of YPM as your safe haven from the busyness of your world. It is a place to cultivate positivity, strength, self-confidence, self reflection and relaxation.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to register, sign in and familiarize yourself with our facilities. Classes begin promptly & are subject to room capacity.
- Please remove your shoes in the designated area when you enter the studio.
- Be sure to advise your teacher before class if you are new (first 5 classes), have an injury/medical condition or are pregnant.
- Please keep your voice low in the studio when a class is in session.
- Please leave valuables at home.
- Ensure cell phones are turned off while in the studio.
- YPM is scent free. Please avoid wearing perfume or scents.
New to Yoga or Pilates?
You have to begin where you are. At YPM we offer Beginner Pilates level as well as Gentle and Restorative Yoga classes that are appropriate for beginners. Inform the instructor that you are new so they can give you some extra attention if necessary.
- Arrive on time or early for the benefit of others and yourself.
- Bring a yoga mat. If you don’t have one, rentals are available at the front desk for $2.
- Remove outdoor footwear at the door. Bring indoor runners for Bellyfit class only.All other classes are practiced barefoot and in lightweight stretchy clothing.
- Others may be meditating in the yoga room prior to class so refrain from talking loudly at the front desk.
- Inform the instructor if you have an injury, physical impairment or if you are pregnant.
- Remember to neatly put away props after class.
- Go at your own pace. Be gentle and respectful towards your body, never moving to the point of pain.
- Drink plenty of water before and after class and try not to eat a big meal for one hour before class.